Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Building Upon Your Strengths



What would it look like if we moved from a remedial world to becoming a strength-based world?  In other words, what if everybody discovered their strengths in life isolated them and found a way to build upon them?  I believe it is a recipe for success.   If we understand that a person’s strengths are their greatest assets then it seems almost obvious that improving on those strengths is vital for producing a better “you”.

Recently I took a strength finders test to identify the areas that I’m strongest.  Here are my top 5 strengths in which I should work to build upon.

Connectedness (80%):
People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.

Developer (80%):
People strong in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.
Adaptability (80%):
People strong in the Adaptability theme prefer to 'go with the flow.' They tend to be 'now' people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.

Maximizer (80%):
People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.

Self-Assurance (75%):
People strong in the Self-assurance theme feel confident in their ability to manage their own lives. They possess an inner compass that gives them confidence that their decisions are right.

I believe my responsibility now is to ensure that I excel in these areas.  Becoming a stronger and more effective product of what I already have within me.

I encourage everyone to take this so that you can begin to enhance the qualities within you.  Take it for free at http://richardstep.com/richardstep-strengths-finder-rssf/.

No comments:

Post a Comment